Friday, October 9, 2026

Video: The Fatal Flaw in 5e's Math

A good video from Mike Mearls today.

Wizards barely tested high-level 5E play. I do have a lot to say about this, but frankly, it is not his fault. When you work for a company that refuses to give you the resources you need, you do your best. I've been there many times. It all comes down on your back. You take it on yourself. You get the gray hairs. You go home every night feeling like you are heroically trying to hold it all together. 

Mike did his best here, and I thank him for being honest. We need more of this in our hobby, and we need to elevate moments like this. Honestly, from one creator to another, thank you.

It is not the person; it is the company that barely tested high-level D&D 3, 4, or 5 play.

And now they want to sell us Universes Beyond.

And possibly 6E.

I'm done. If Gary didn't touch it, I don't want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment