Sunday, January 7, 2024

EN World Publishing Schedule 2024

https://enpublishingrpg.com/blogs/news/lets-look-at-2024s-schedule

This is huge news since Level Up A5E is one of my favorite alt 5E implementations. We have the 2024 publishing schedule now!

Gate Pass Gazette 2023 is on my buy list. No surprises here. This is on my list of crowdfunding projects to support. These are always amazing compilations of material for the game.

Are we getting a Planestrider's Journal? Interesting, I am usually meh on planar adventures, but this will likely have some options and magic that will be useful in games. And we are getting a new Monstrous Menagerie 2! This is Q4, but I look forward to more monsters rebuilt using the A5E logic and balancing. Both these books are strong buys for me, and it will be interesting if they finally do 5E planes right and not make them boring alternate universes like D&D been-there-done-that multiverse. I miss the alien planes like we have in AD&D, where there were places you did not go.

A sci-fi character book, starship book, and a sci-fi adventure! Oh, this is just what I wanted. I have a d20 sci-fi article slated for the end of January and this changes everything. Level Up does the pillars of play right, and finally having another 5E sci-fi gamer to compete against Esper Genesis and Ultramodern 5 will be great. The planar book seems like this could be used with the sci-fi book for a sort of science-fantasy game, so these feel like books that support each other rather than compete.

If the sci-fi rules "put you in the world" like LU A5E does, that will change 5E sci-fi for me from an oddity to something highly compelling. This is on my "must-have" list for 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment