Sunday, September 20, 2020

Game Shopping: Alien

I have read the reviews and watched Youtube videos - this one looks like a winner. The mechanics are a mix between boardgame and RPG, and I want to say it almost feels like a Eurogame in spirit, but a RPG in essence.

And from what I hear, the Xenomorphs are de-emphasized, and there is campaign play. You could play without having the iconic Alien in your game. You could play a one-shot cinematic game. You could make up your own space monsters with a little work and a 1d6 attack table. I could make this a Roger Corman RPG and come up with any silly space monster I want, like a red space turnip with tentacle arms.

I can't wait for this to come - looks incredibly fun, and the production values from what I hear are top notch. Will check this out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment