Friday, January 13, 2023

More OGL 1.1? The "Statement"

The video above is the fastest way to keep up on the daily insanity that is Wizards and the OGL 1.1 or 2.0. The "statement" came out today.

All I can say is LOL. What a mess.

You mean to tell me the "draft" agreements were sent out - with NDAs and contracts?

A "draft" agreement with a "signed" contract? You're kidding me? It raises the question if this is true, does Wizards even know what it is doing? And the defensive ameateur tone of, "we win too!" Who wrote this? Tumblr?

I see some D&D players wanting all this to be over, but please, do not put your heads in the sand. And do not let them slow roll this and hope we "forget." The OGL 1.0a is still revoked for new products, they backed off a few parts, but the language they can "update" the deal is still in there. A year from now, I feel all the stuff they removed will likely be right back in there, and those who signed on will have been taken for a ride.

And the current Wizards president used to work for big tobacco? I get turning over a new leaf and all, but those leaves caused so much death and sickness it makes me wonder.

When I roll that d20 I want to know I am not causing harm or taking away choice.

What a disaster.

Implosion.

No comments:

Post a Comment