Saturday, January 7, 2023

Delta Green: Removing the OGL

https://arcdream.com/home/2023/01/delta-green-without-the-ogl/

The Delta Green game is removing the OGL from their game. Good for them, and I will support them and pick up a fantastic game as well - I have not had the time to give this a look, but now I do.

If you come out and remove the OGL from your game, I will buy you and support you.

I am selling all my 5E books - except for 3rd party and my 5E retro-clones.

Way to go, Wall Street, setting back the entire indie RPG industry by 20 years. Who this hurts the most is small creators who would want to create Delta Green and other adventures for these games and put them under the OGL. Now we are back to "contact the publisher" and all that mess. I hope Creative Commons or some other sharing license takes hold to replace the now-garbage OGL.

RIP OGL, 2000-2023; you died too soon.

Cause of death: corporate greed.

No comments:

Post a Comment