Friday, November 27, 2020

Game Shopping: MSPE Hardcover

Wow, here is an interesting one:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/994700393/mercenaries-spies-and-private-eyes-rpg-by-michael

The Kickstarter ended a while ago, but there are hardcovers of this game for sale in the wild. Also, they updated the rules with errata and fixes. This one is a buy for me since T&T is one of my all time favorite games and I love the Noir and 50's era of movies and adventure.

Amazon has the hardcover here, but the price currently is above the $55 asking price:

https://www.amazon.com/Mercenaries-Spies-and-Private-Eyes/dp/0940244306/

Would I pay $25 above the asking price for this? I would say yes since this is one of those books that feels like if you don't get it while you can, getting it new later would be a challenge. I know. But considering the T&T 8th hardcovers are reportedly in short supply I am going to grab a copy as a collectors item.

On DriveThru RPG, if you purchased MSPE, you will find the above revised 2019 hardcover in your account as "MSPE_drive_thru_edition_2019.pdf" - with all of the new material and revisions. At the time of this writing you can pick this game up (in PDF) on sale for just under $9 US - which is a great price.

I will play from the PDFs, honestly, but this will be beautiful and stand on my top-shelf with pride. It is strange having the hardcovers but playing from PDFs. The books almost feel like trophies or something. But in case I want to pick it up and read something real, I have it if the power is out and there is nothing else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment