Friday, August 28, 2020

Gaslands Refuelled

https://www.amazon.com/Gaslands-Refuelled-Post-Apocalyptic-Vehicular-Mayhem/dp/1472838831/

This looks fun. I heard Car Wars was finally doing a new edition and Kickstarter, so I decided to check that out, and found this game that many car-combat fans were playing. Both of them look fun, but this one in particular looks like an homage to "glue weapons to your Hot Wheels and paint them" sort of a hobby kitbash game that gives you a lot of style and customization.

People say this also plays incredibly fast once you get used to the rules, and any number of players can play. The 6th Edition Car Wars is limited to 2 or 4 players (as I hear), and this allows any number - just bring a car. Or cars, as one player could control multiple vehicles.

If I ran a hobby shop, I would definitely run this game on the weekends and have tournament ladders. It has a very low cost of entry and allows entry players a chance to personalize their cars and play with others. It is a good game that would get people in the shop, and it leverages toys that we are all familiar with and you could make some eye-catching terrain to draw people in who walk by the front windows.

Plus I love Car Wars and the whole vehicle-combat genre, along with the DIY hobby aspects, so this game is a win-win for me. I am going to check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment