Thursday, August 3, 2023

Starfinder 2 Announced

 https://paizo.com/starfinderplaytest

Two days after I wondered about this, they announce it. Starfinder 2 will be 100% compatible with Pathfinder 2e (remastered) next year.

This fixes many of the mixed feelings I had with the remaster of Pathfinder 2e. I can put Pathfinder 1e's world in the past and play a science-fantasy mix of Pathfinder 2R and Starfinder 2. We aren't losing anything, evolution is happening, and we can put the old content in the past and move forward.

This aligns the system more with a Dungeon Crawl Classics mix of fantasy and sci-fi, and it feels right to me. I would play all in one world, with a fantasy world existing under the stars and the space tech coming from the ruins of lost civilizations. Sort of like a Numenera-style world, but with a stronger fantasy core.

No comments:

Post a Comment